1. Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne.
2. Hitty, Her First Hundred Years by Rachel Field
3. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
4. Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater
5. Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray
6. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert O’Brian
7. Matilda by Roald Dahl
8. B is for Betsy by Carolyn Haywood
9. My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett
10. Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse
11. Brendan Buckley’s Universe And Everything In It by Sundee T. Frazier
12 Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
1. Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne.
I’m committed to reading 12 First In A Series Books for the 2008 year.
1. The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
2. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
3. Sword in the Stone by David Gemmell
4. Foundation by Isaac Asimov
5. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
6. All of a Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
7. The Moffats by Eleanor Estes
8. Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
9. Kristy’s Great Idea by Ann Martin
10. The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
11. The 13th Reality by James Dashner
12. Jack Russell: Dog Detective: Dog Den Mystery by Darrel & Sally Odgers
Dingo by Charles de Lint
Love and Other Uses for Duct Tape by Carrie Jones
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
Leftovers by Laura Wiess
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson
Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
the dead and the gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
The Fold by An Na
Saga by Conor Kostick
The challenge was hosted by Thoughts of Joy.
Initials Reading Challenge
April 1, 2008 – November 30, 2008
Read five to eight books by authors who publish under their initials.
Examples would be: C.S. Lewis. A.A. Milne. J.R.R. Tolkien. L.M. Montgomery. E.M. Forster. T.H. White. J.K. Rowling. R.L. Stine. e.e. cummings. D.H. Lawrence. J.D. Salinger. H.G. Wells. E. Nesbit. T.S. Eliot. E.B. White. P.G. Wodehouse. J.M. Barrie. W.B. Yeats. V.C. Andrews. G.K. Chesterton. T.E. Lawrence. O. Henry. H.A. Rey. Etc.
You don’t have to choose an author from the above list. But those are the ones I was able to think of at the time of the posting!
Note: there are three other banner options for you posted on the official challenge blog.
No lists are necessary.
Sign up at any time between now and November 1, 2008.
Read as many books as you like, as long as you meet the minimum requirement of five books.
Your books can count towards other challenges you’re participating in.
A blog is not required. See the Initials Reading Challenge Review blog for details on how you can still participate fully!
Speculative Fiction Challenge was hosted by The Book Ninja. The challenge runs from October through April 1, 2008. The Speculative Fiction Challenge, here’s what I read!!!
Susan Beth Pfeffer
The Dead and Gone
Sweet Far Thing
Orson Scott Card:
Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus
The challenge doesn’t technically end until March 31rst. But I’m finished with the challenge. If you read any of Zora Neale Hurston’s books between January 1, 2008 and March 31, 2008 and would like credit for completion or to be included in the roundup, leave a comment. I’d be happy to add you in.
Juliette’s thoughts on Their Eyes Were Watching God.
Mandy’s thoughts on three ZNH books
Becky’s thoughts on Their Eyes Were Watching God.
Chris’ thoughts on Their Eyes Were Watching God.
Historical Fiction Reading Challenge
host: Reading, Writing, and Ranting
dates: 1 April to 1 October
books required: 6
Here is my list to choose from. Note: I’m only aiming for 6-8. I just like options.
Evelina by Fanny Burney
Camilla by Fanny Burney
Cecilia by Fanny Burney
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson
A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson
Christy by Catherine Marshall
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery
Anne’s House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery
Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery
Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery
Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery
Savannah by Eugenia Price
To See Your Face Again by Eugenia Price
Before the Darkness Falls by Eugenia Price
Stranger in Savannah by Eugenia Price
Bright Captivity by Eugenia Price
Where Shadows Go by Eugenia Price
Beauty in the Ashes by Eugenia Price
Maria by Eugenia Price
Margaret’s Story by Eugenia Price
Don Juan McQueen by Eugenia Price
The Beloved Invader by Eugenia Price
New Moon Rising by Eugenia Price
Lighthouse by Eugenia Price
The Hawk that Dare Not Hunt By Day by Scott O’Dell