A Daring Book Challenge
host: Callista; Daring Book Challenge Blog
dates: vary but my tract is June 15, 2008 to June 15, 2009
books required: 9
1. Read one book from each category from June 15/08 to February 15/09 (6 books in 8 months)
2. Read any 9 books from the list from June 15/08 to June 15/09 (9 books in 12 months)
3. Read one whole series from this list starting June 15/08. If it contains up to 10 books, by June 15/09, if 20-30 books, by June 15/11 and for the Trixie Belden series and Nancy Drew series by June 15/12.
Becky’s Tract 2
1) Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
2) The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
3) The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
4) Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
5) Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
6) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
7) The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
8.. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
9) The Once and Future King by T.H. White
Alternates: 1) The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank Baum, 2) The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi 3) The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne 4) Now We Are Six by A.A. Milne 5) When We Were Very Young by A.A. Milne 6) Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll.
Becky’s Tract 3 — This is still a maybe???
Anne series by L.M. Montgomery
Emily series by L.M. Montgomery
This *challenge* is slightly frustrating. Many books on the list to choose from I’ve read just this year. But they don’t count. (Like Mandy. Like Anne of Green Gables. Like Charlotte’s Web. Like Alice in Wonderland. Like the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary. Like All-in-the-Kind family. Like Island of the Blue Dolphins. Like Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimph. Like Out of the Dust. Like Pride and Prejudice. Oh well.
© Becky Laney of Becky’s Book Reviews